Living without energy and vitality is hard work, but regaining your purpose and power is much easier than you might think. Here are 10 easy ways to regain energy and vitality.
1. Know Where You're Going. Your energy soars when you’re clear on your aim and direction.
2. Be Thankful. When you’re thankful for your life, your power picks up. When you’re ungrateful, you shut down.
3. Eat Moderately. Biological research shows that people live longer if they eat less, and they also have more get-up-and-go.
4. Drink Water. Those who drink sufficient water (rather than other liquids) increase their vitality, so make sure that you stay fully hydrated every day.
5. Breathe Fully and Deeply. Some of the most magnetic and charismatic people inhale deeply and diaphragmatically. Every time you inhale, you breathe in vitality, so take advantage of this.
6. Connect Your Vocation and Your Avocation. Make sure that there’s a link between your work and what sets your mind and heart on fire. If you aren’t doing what you love and loving what you do, you have a brake on all the time - and that’s the fastest way to deplete your energy.
7. Smile. Smiling can change your physiology and make you look up at life, so go outside and stand in the beauty of nature. Look up into the heavens, smile, and say outloud (or in your mind), “Thank you, universe! I’m grateful for the gifts I’ve been receiving.” Your energy will pick up immediately. Appreciating what’s around you can actually bring a greater sense of happiness and vitality—and there’s numerous scientific studies to back this up.
Need that extra boost to get up in the morning? Taking a moment to recognise and be thankful for even the littlest of things can lead to more zeal and excitement for the day. Having a hard day? A brief pause to dwell on gratitude may give you the extra push you need to deal with what’s going on in your world. Integrating brief pauses of thankfulness into your day may open up extra stores of energy you didn’t know you had. So try these easy changes to experience greater energy and vitality today, minimum effort required. Cheers to making the most out of every day!
Leave a Reply