Holiday House Deals (HHD) is committed to protecting customer privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer information and data very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information or data.
This Policy sets out what personal data we collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us as a customer and through your use of our website, apps, mobile applications, and online services; where we obtain the data from; what we do with and how we store that data; the persons to which we transfer or disclose personal data; how we protect data; your data protection rights and our commitment that personal data is collected and processed in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
“Holiday House Deals” (referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” or “Holiday House Deals”) in this policy primarily refers to Holiday House Deals Pty Ltd, the main operating company of the Holiday House Deals group, and, where appropriate, to other companies in the Holiday House Deals group or other entities over which Holiday House Deals exercises management control. Holiday House Deals is the “data controller” of all personal data that is collected and used about Holiday House Deals customers for the purposes of privacy and data protection laws, principles and regulations which may apply.
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, phone number, social media name or ‘handle’, postal address, email address, details of products or services you have purchased, payment details and information about your access to our website. We may collect personal data from you (either directly or indirectly, through our third party partners or providers) in a number of ways. Specifically, we may collect the following categories of personal data:
- Name, home address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit/debit card or other payment details;
- Information such as nationality, place and date of birth, and gender;
- Information you provide about yourself and any preferences in your account;
- Information about your purchases of products and services from us or our partners;
- Information about your use of our website or app;
- Communications with us or directed to us via letters, emails, chat services, calls, and social media; and
- Location, including real-time geographic location of your computer or device through GPS, Bluetooth and your IP address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell-tower locations, but only if you use location-based features and turn on the location services settings on your device or computer.
Personal details including your physical or mental health are considered “sensitive” personal data under applicable data protection laws. We will process any such data only if you have given your explicit consent, or it is necessary (for instance if you request special assistance), or you have deliberately made it public.
Usage of Personal Data
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide products and services you request: we use the information you give us to perform the services for which you have signed up;
- Credit or other payment card verification/screening; and payment information for accounting, billing and audit purposes and to detect or prevent any fraudulent activities;
- Administrative or legal purposes: we use your data for statistical and marketing analysis, systems testing, customer surveys, maintenance and development, or in order to deal with a dispute or claim.
- Security, health, administrative, crime prevention/detection: we may pass your information to government authorities or enforcement bodies for compliance with legal requirements;
- Customer service communications: we use your data to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and enhance your experience with us;
- Provide tailored services: we use your data to provide information we believe is of interest to you, prior to, during, and after your interactions with us, and to personalise the services we offer to you, such as special offers.
- We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so, which will depend on the reasons for which we have collected and need to use your personal data.
In most cases we will need to process your personal data so that we can enter into our contract and fulfill the provision or delivery of goods or services to you.
We may also process your personal data for one or more of the following:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- Where you have consented to our using your personal data (eg. for marketing related uses);
- To protect your vital interests or those of another person (eg. in case of a medical emergency);
- If it is in our legitimate interests to do so (eg. for administrative purposes).
Only adults (18 years or older) can provide their own consent. For children under this age, the knowledge and consent of the parents or legal guardians is required.
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is being processed. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
We also consider the periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations, or to deal with complaints and queries, and to protect our legal rights in the event of a claim being made.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimise over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
Security of your Personal Data
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Sharing your Personal Data
- Government authorities, law enforcement bodies and regulators for compliance with legal requirements;
- Other companies, contractors or agents to provide services to you including delivery, marketing, support ticket providers, or marketing platform providers, communications, legal services, debt collection, administration services, customer services, information technology providers, credit card or other payment methods to conduct transactions;
- Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in countries in which we operate, in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you;
- Our trusted third party ancillary partners who many offer products and services on or through our website. If you choose to purchase products or services offered on our websites by third parties, you may be a customer of both Holiday House Deals and these third parties, and we and our partners may collect and share information about you, such as your contact details and your billing information. We are not responsible for third parties’ use of your personal data where such use is permitted for their own purposes. You should consult their privacy policies for further information.
Cookies and Site Tracking
We may collect data from other sources which may not always be obvious, such as through the use of “cookies”. Note that a cookie is simply a small text file stored on your computer that contains information to help the website identify and track the visitor, and this does no harm to your computer and cannot contain viruses. To use some of our websites without troubles you need to have cookies enabled.
We may also gather information from both online and offline data providers. This information could include internet browsing behaviour, demographic data or interest-based data.
When you browse our store, we automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
We use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of websites. This software does not enable us to capture any of your data.